Main Forum

Encouraging players to vote

3 replies
Votes:
+2
I joined BizzCraft way back in like, 2016 but have only recently came back online within the last few weeks. From what I can remember the server appeared to me more active and there was more community involvement (no shade whatsoever, the current community is still as friendly as ever). You know yourself between work and school etc. it can be hard to be active, but I thought maybe I'd put forth some potential ideas to attract and retain new players, and keep existing members active. And apologies in advance as this is quite a lengthy one.

First off, voting. I'm not sure if something similar to this has been suggested as I only read back a few pages but possibly more awards could be given to those who vote, as of course it is so important for players to be able to find the server. For example, non-monetary rewards: giving a player a unique colour name in chat or even a [V] beside their name (standing for 'voter' ?) after voting 7 to 10 consecutive days - almost like an "I Voted" sticker. It may seem silly but its a way to make them stand out in chat, others may wonder how to get it and may want the same for themselves. Just an added reminder on top of the existing broadcast.

Another way to encourage players could be a reward for the top voter of the month, such as in-game money, an extra crate key, something along those lines. Unfortunately I'm no expert at computers so I'm not sure if things like this can be done but it seems a good way to encourage people without giving away too much free perks/rewards.

The second idea I have is in relation to community involvement i.e improving the multiplayer aspect. Perhaps another free rank could be added, obtained simply by joining the forums. I'm not sure this would work - but even have this rank required before you can achieve any of the timed ranks, simply to get more people interacting. After all, that's what's great about multiplayer. However I do understand a downside to this would be the younger audience may not have access to an email / personal email making this rank unobtainable for them.

I saw a recent post about more frequent build competitions which is also an excellent idea, I for one would enter as it gives something to do and something to look forward to. Perhaps even introducing a sort of building group/committee? Might be similar to the already existing architect rank, I'm not quite sure, but can be application-based and given seasonal objectives like building/decorating a given area for special holidays and seasons - a cool place for players to check out and express creativity.

Anyway, these ideas are just a rough outline and may sound a whole lot better on paper, but I would love to see the community continue to grow and for people to have fun.
Posted Mar 9, 19 · OP
List
Undo
5FO
Votes:
+11
The current vote system I feel is already giving out enough... although I think the things you can win from the crates are quite bad (imo).. I feel after youve played the server for atleast 3-4 hours you have no use for the keys other than the possibility of winning gold.. some people might see the gold rank as motiviation enough for voting but I know most people look at it and just see it as nearly impossible to win. Maybe we should add more to voting or more to the vote crates.. this would mean that vote crates could sell for a lot at shop warps meaning people would see them at warps and maybe think that they should vote and sell the crates or just use the crates.. this would give more motivation to voting.

Also having advertising through other methods would be nice (Youtuibe videos, maybe even try making a "youtube" rank for some people and get someone popular maybe to advertise the server idk...

these are just suggestion from me, a player who doesnt vote too often because I forget/dont need the rewards from it.

-5FO (spaxey)
Posted Mar 9, 19
Votes:
Although there may be a couple flaws in this idea, it sounds like amazing ideas that at least for me would work.
Posted Mar 10, 19 · Last edited Mar 10, 19
Votes:
+28
I would say probably re-implement the old "lucky vote" when the votes still gave out cash, like 1-600th chance of getting "lucky" to get a extra, like maybe a comet key with the regular vote key??? it doesn't seem that OP to be unbalanced, but just enough to encourage for the goods in the comet chest.
Posted Mar 12, 19
NoticeNotices