Main Forum

MCMMO And Loot Tables Stuff

5 replies
Votes:
+3
Heyo. First forum post, sorry if it's off or whatever. I promise I don't mean for it to be.

I've done some looking around and I've come to the conclusion that the looting tables for fishing haven't been updated for 1.13.Which means that getting a conduit on the server is incredibly hard; Nautilus Shells aren't on the fishing loot table and can only be obtained from Drowned.

More or less, I'd like to ask if it's possible to change it? I know the change is possible; instructions on how to change the loot table back to vanilla are on MCMMO's GitHub page here. It wouldn't mess with any of the other skills, nor the leveling for fishing, and would add shells back into the loot table. It seems like a sensible change to me, as the only other way of getting shells is grinding through hours of Drowned, making a Drowned farm, or buying a Drowned egg for $750,000 (no thanks.)

So yeah, I just wanted to post that to try to see if it could be changed back to vanilla loot tables? Or if not, at least add shells into the loot table?
Posted Nov 27, 18 · OP
Votes:
+7
Trial-Moderator
I swear I saw someone catch a shell just a few days ago on BizzCraft.. Although I may be mistaken
Posted Nov 27, 18
Votes:
+122
Head-Architect
the drowned egg should really be lowered to match the price of either skeleton spawn eggs (250k). Drowned eggs were added to /shop a month ago, and everyone agrees that they are way overpriced. As far as I know, not a single one has been sold yet. I say either remove them from the shop or drop the price. There is no reason to keep them in /shop if nobody is willing to buy them.
Posted Nov 27, 18
Votes:
+27
I hate siding with admins on this one but they can't really lower the price of the drowned egg, even though it should, because I'll cause a huge economy value loss through mob heads, and what I somewhat personally like to think is that the admins do take some small joy in all players "suffering" to work on something, *cough* refusing to change water light levels tho like 90% of all players use a texture pack that affects water *cough*. Drowned drop tridents, and they drop the shells, but because Hearts of the sea are limited
. It does make sense that the admins made it expensive, and serving as a economy drain, because tridents practically could make mob heads SUPER common, to a point where it's considered to be cheap as dirt blocks, which somewhat makes /kits.... obsolete?
and a huge shortage of hearts of the sea for the thousands of shells..... JUST PUT THINGS THAT CAN'T BE FARMED/RENEWABLE INTO /SHOP, KEEPING THINGS RIDICULOUSLY VALUABLE/TEDIOUS TO GET
PIRATICALLY DIS-ENCOURAGES AND UNMOTIVATES A LOT OF PLAYERS *cough* hoppers needing shulker boxes *cough* (P.s why not use obsidian and e-chests)
Posted Nov 27, 18
Votes:
+54
Administrator
So, I'm not going to be addressing several of the obvious snarky comments by some posts, but let me assure the original poster that the loot tables for mcMMO fishing have been updated. The only items that are not in the loot table that could be is the Enchanted books because mcMMO doesn't manage to ensure an enchantment exists on the book.

The Items are not in the "common" tables, but I've done fishing on native and on mcMMO and they are about the same rate after you get to a higher skill level, just like the other items.

As for the prices, yes, we are trying to limit the number of channeling tridents that can create charged creepers because, as said, the market for heads would be decimated. However, it would never be cheaper than the most expensive egg in the shop, so asking for 250k is not reasonable.

Thanks,
Mac
Posted Nov 27, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+3
The only items that are not in the loot table that could be is the Enchanted books because mcMMO doesn't manage to ensure an enchantment exists on the book.

The Items are not in the "common" tables, but I've done fishing on native and on mcMMO and they are about the same rate after you get to a higher skill level, just like the other items.

That would make sense, I suppose. The MCMMO Dev Github page doesn't reference any shells in it, so I suppose I should try to find out for myself. Thanks for the heads up! It is a little saddening about the Drowned egg thing, but that wasn't my concern, so that's okay. I'm just glad shells are at least on the loot table. Makes life a little easier than hunting hundreds of Drowned down.
Posted Nov 27, 18 · OP
NoticeNotices